Outlook is a supplement to the American Journal of Archaeology that includes space for advertisements and announcements of upcoming events, meetings, fellowships, and other topics of interest to the journal’s readers. Because Outlook is published in tandem with the AJA, it provides an effective means to reach a specialized readership.
The AJA and Outlook are published quarterly in January, April, July, and October. Outlook is published only in print.
Rates and Dimensions
|Width x Height||Commercial (1 issue)||Commercial (4 issues)||Academic*|
|Full Page||4.5 x 7.5 in.||$590||$2,000||$410|
|½ page (landscape)||4.5 x 3.65 in.||$325||$1,100||$225|
|½ page (portrait)||2.16 x 7.5 in.||$325||$1,100||$225|
|¼ page||2.16 x 3.65 in.||$195||$660||$135|
|15% discount for ads placed through agencies.
* Academic rates are reserved for announcements of calls for papers, conferences, position openings, fellowships, and other items not related to commercial book publishing or other noncommercial items.
|Issue||Insertion Order Due||Art/Copy Due|
|Jan. 2015||Nov. 24, 2014||Dec. 1, 2014|
|Apr. 2015||Feb. 23, 2015||Mar. 2, 2015|
|July 2015||May 25, 2015||June 1, 2015|
|Oct. 2015||Aug. 24, 2015||Aug. 31, 2015|
Format: grayscale; .pdf, .tif, or .eps.
Size and resolution: min. 300 dpi at 100% of final size.
Tel: 718-472-3050 ext 4095
- Advertisers and advertising agencies are bound by rates outlined in the current AJA Advertising Rate Card (PDF) and above.
- Advertising space must be reserved at least six weeks prior to the 1st day of publication months. Final copy must arrive via email no later than five weeks prior to the 1st day of publication months.
- Cancellations must be received in writing five weeks prior to the 1st day of publication months. Failure to provide copy by deadline will result in reservation cancellation. In such cases, the AIA reserves the right to assess a cancellation fee.
- Insertion orders must include an acceptance of the Terms and Policies. This contract constitutes acknowledgment of your order.
- All advertising material becomes the property of the AIA. Artwork will not be returned.
- Advertisers contracting for multiple issues must do so in advance. The discount will not be applied retroactively.
- Payment in full is due 30 days from invoice date. All payment must be in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. Failure by an advertising agency to pay within that time limit will disqualify agency from the 15% commission.
- The AIA reserves the right to withhold any advertising for any account with an outstanding invoice beyond 90 days.
- The AIA reserves the right to unilaterally reject, omit, or cancel advertising that it feels is not in keeping with AIA vendor policy. All advertising must be for products or services that support research, publishing, or teaching activities of persons engaged in the study of archaeology. Advertising for the sale of antiquities is strictly prohibited.